Tuesday 26 May 2015

Sam's Sandwich

 
I thought I that I might go back to a book that was one of my favourites when I was a child. Sam’s Sandwich is a fun and exciting novelty book that contains lots of grizzly surprises hidden under food shaped flaps. This fantastic book only recently came back into print and I have been so pleased to see it out on bookshelves for children to enjoy once more.

 
 
Meet Sam and his sister Samantha. They are both starving hungry and looking to make a delicious sandwich. They get together a whole larder worth of ingredients and begin to compile their spectacular feast. Sam however, has other plans. Within each layer of the sandwich he hides a disgusting creepy crawly. Once they have completed their masterpiece Sam very nobly tells his sister that actually he is not at all hungry and she can have the whole sandwich to herself.
 

 

David Pelham has created a memorable and unique book with Sam’s Sandwich. I often remember speaking about this book with my sister and friends growing up, often saying “Remember how great that book was?!” When Walker bought it back into print I was so excited, and it seems so were many of the general public. I had quite a few adults coming in to our shop and asking for copies of this book for them to read to their children . Sam’s Sandwich is a wonderful, nostalgic book that should never be forgotten.  It is such a joy to read and squirm at all over again!



No comments:

Post a Comment